At Solutrans in Lyon, France, Daikin Transport Refrigeration, revealed the first Daikin-branded trailer transport refrigeration unit – the Exigo E1500 engine-driven single-temperature 15kW trailer unit.
Exigo incorporates many industry firsts in one unit such as delivering reliability alongside reduced energy consumption, optimized airflow for temperature accuracy and efficiency, increased pull-down and on-grid efficiency, reduced maintenance and down-time and ease of unit operation and fleet management.
In explaining the new development, Evren Akçora, Senior Manager, Transport Refrigeration Daikin Europe, spoke with Fleet Transport at the trade show: “We aim to be the best in class, and our Exigo unit embodies that philosophy by offering minimum Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Maximum peace of mind. With Exigo, we are bringing many unique characteristics together, never done before in a trailer unit, to lead this industry into the future with a comprehensive, reliable and minimum TCO unit designed for tomorrow’s challenges.”
The Exigo E1500 single-temp 15KW is the first unit revealed in the new range of Exigo trailer products with:
- Variable speed compressor with inverter and variable speed fans resulting in 20% lower fuel consumption
- Variable speed airflow
- 15kW true capacity both on the road and on the grid
- Exceptional pull-down performance
- Extended service interval as standard
- Low noise as standard, and optional PIEK
- High resolution graphical HMI display on the unit
- Advanced telematics included as standard
- Lightest 15kW unit in the market
- Daikin in-house components with proven reliability
- Pan-European service network
* In 2016, Daikin acquired Zanotti, the Italian refrigeration specialist founded in 1962 with decades of experience meeting the needs of commercial and industrial refrigeration, and the transportation of fresh and frozen products. Zanotti is headquartered in Mantua, Italy, a state-of-the-art manufacturing and testing facility with 600 employees.