- Ford Transit Custom PHEV (petrol/electric plug-in hybrid) Misano 2 campervan now available from Wellhouse Leisure
- 1.0-litre, 126 PS Ford EcoBoost engine with electric motor and auto transmission
- Emissions-free driving range of approximately 35 miles when fully charged – perfect for daily use, short journeys and urban or low emission zones
- Total range of over 310 miles (500km) when combined with 1.0 litre EcoBoost engine
- Limited model specification of base vehicle includes: front and rear parking sensors, automatic headlights, Quickclear windscreen, heated front seats, air conditioning, 16 inch alloy wheels, body colour bumpers, mirrors and bodyside mouldings
- Misano 2 specification includes: solar panel, multi-position crash tested rear seat with five travel seats, blown air heating, Italian-designed cabinets, and driver and passenger swivelling seats
- Wellhouse Leisure – the UK’s leading campervan converter – is ISO 9001:2008 certified and a Ford accredited Qualified Vehicle Modifier (QVM)
Wellhouse Leisure’s range of Ford-based campervans now includes its first plug-in hybrid model using the new Transit Custom PHEV.
The Ford’s 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine delivers 126 PS of power and 355 Nm of torque with automatic transmission as standard. Its electric motors enable it to travel approximately 35 miles/56 kms completely emissions-free, making it perfect for daily urban use, and together with the petrol engine, provide a total range of around 310 miles/500km.
Regenerative braking recharges the batteries while driving, and once sufficiently charged it will automatically switch back to electric only power to save money and reduce emissions. It can also be recharged by plugging in to a charger while at home or away, so there is no compromise while touring. Because of the additional weight of the batteries, Wellhouse Leisure uses the Transit Custom 340 model, which gives an extra 200kg load capacity.
The batteries do not have any impact on the interior space as they are located under the floor, so the Wellhouse Leisure campervan conversion is identical to its other award-winning models available with a UK produced elevating roof, Italian designed furniture, and a sliding rear seat (with three seat belts), which has been fully crash-tested in Germany.
Automatic transmission is standard, and as Wellhouse Leisure uses the Limited specification for the base vehicle, the higher standard specification includes an eight inch display screen, front and rear parking sensors, automatic headlights, Quickclear heated windscreen, heated front seats, air conditioning, 16in alloy wheels, plus body-coloured bumpers, mirrors and side mouldings.
As a Ford accredited Qualified Vehicle Modifier (QVM), Wellhouse Leisure has already had the opportunity to drive the Ford Transit Custom PHEV. David Elliott, CEO of Wellhouse Leisure commented: “I was impressed with the PHEV’s performance and driveability. Ford’s engineers have developed a very refined vehicle that makes a great electric campervan. I know our customers are going to love its combination of performance and efficiency.”
For further information, please call 00441484 861100 or email email@example.com