Euro Bus Expo 2018 – one of Europe’s biggest bus and coach event of the year – opened at the NEC Birmingham on 30 October with thousands of bus and coach operators in attendance to discover what’s new and next in the vibrant passenger transport sector.
Visitors will be among the first to see a host of new innovations – including:
- The UK debut of Volvo Bus’ all-new 9900 coach
- Alexander Dennis’s new Plaxton Panorama double-decker coach
- Pelican Yutong’s luxury tourer – the highly anticipated super-high GT12 Coach
- Mercedes-Benz Buses and Coaches’ right-hand drive Tourismo Safety Coach
- Irizar UK’s next generation integral coaches, featuring the new DAF-ZF Driveline and new virtual dashboard display
- In UK first, Scania (Great Britain)’s entire stand will be populated entirely by vehicles capable of operating on sustainable fuels
- Two new small buses from Mellor Coachcraft
- Alfatronix’s new 9-32vdc input wireless charger, with passenger seat integration
- Ticketer’s Tap on/Tap off technology, which promises even faster boarding and flexible fares
- The UK debut of the 12.5m Scania MOBIpeople Explorer from B.A.S.E
- Optare’s next generation of fully electric buses
- Emminox’s CVRAS-certified SCRT retrofit technology, which enables vehicles (including coaches) to meet strict new requirements for ULEZ and Clean Air Zones
- Continental Automotive’s new VDO smart tachograph
Anadolu Isuzu Otomotiv San., AYATS, BEULAS S.A.U, Bus Factory, BusConcept.eu, Connaught PSV, EVM Direct, GM Coachwork, Harris Auto, Ilesbus, INDCAR, London Hire, MAN Bus & Coach UK, NOONE Turas, Nu-Track, Omnibus, Paul Clark Services, Stanford Coachworks, TBC Conversions, Temsa, UNVI, TotalKare HDWS, Travel by Knight, Van Hool, VDL Bus & Coach, Wrights Group, and Wrightsure Insurance Services were also on display vehicles at the show (there was a record 130 to see this year).