Malaga, Spain.The new sixth generation Mitsubishi L200, which has just been launched across Europe is now available at Mitsubishi Ireland dealerships nationwide, setting new segment standards for style, refinement, safety, efficiency and all-round capability.
With more than 4.7 million units built since the original model made its debut in 1978, and although the Japanese brand has a heritage in this type of model going back to 1946, with the 3-wheel Mizushima, Generation6 L200 builds on Mitsubishi Motors’ long history of building tough and dependable Pick-ups.
Priced from €35,000 (including VAT) for the entry level Mitsubishi L200 Business Double Cab, Generation 6 has been engineered to be the most capable 1-tonne Pick-up Mitsubishi Motors has ever produced, including much improved driving refinement and high tech traction and safety systems to the segment, offering both the practicality and versatility of a Pick-up without compromising on comfort, driving pleasure or running costs.
Deemed as an important model for Mitsubishi in terms of sales and profitability, theMitsubishi L200 6 like its predecessors remains a tough, dependable and capable workhorse, now with an increased payload of 1,080kg and gross train weight of 6,155kg, plus a significantly upgraded 4WD system further to enhance the L200’s outstanding off-road ability.
Under the bonnet, a new Euro 6d TEMP compliant 2.2 litreturbo diesel engine, with SCR system that requires AdBlue, specially developed for Europe is now mated to a new six-speed automatic and manual transmissions to help deliver lower emissions and improved fuel efficiency resulting in lowerfuel consumption in real world situations.
Among the new features of the new L200 are:
All-new exterior design:
- New front-end dominated by the brand’s striking ‘Dynamic Shield’ styling
- 40mm raised bonnet for stronger presence and improved visibility
- LED headlamps & Daytime Running Lights on most models
- Squared-off wheel arches replace rounded wings as before
- 18-inch alloy wheels on the majority of range
- Upgraded 4WD system, incorporating a new “Off Road Mode” & “Hill Descent Control” system
- Stiffer chassis plus new springs and dampers
- New 2.2 litre Euro 6dCommon-rail 4-cylinder/16-valvediesel
- New 6-speed automatic transmission
- Larger brakes all-round on majority of range
- Revised suspension
- Improved ride comfort and handling
Advanced new safety features and technologies:
- Blind Spot Warning system with Lane Change Assist function
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert system (RCTA)
- Forward Collision Mitigation system (FCM)
- Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System (UMS)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Mitsubishi Active Stability & Traction Control (M-ASTC)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS) function
- Trailer Stability Assist (TSA)
New interior features:
- Revised seating more body hugging
- Chunkier, heated steering wheel
- New instrumentation, including a full-colour LCD touch screen display
- Improved storage and USB connectivity
- Two other trim levels available: Intense at €37,850 for the 6-speed manual and €39,350 for the automatic. New range topping Instyle comes in at €42k, specificitied with the 6-speed auto.