Following their international launch in Paris, the new Renault Master light commercial vehicle range arrives with an exclusive launch version, the Master RED Edition, uniquely available from the Renault Trucks’ dealer network.
Featuring enhanced levels of standard specification Model Year 2019 Renault Master, sports a bold new look, new diesel engines, new interior and new driver-assistance systems and also offered as a zero emission electric Z.E. model.
Named RED to depict the main colour of the Renault Trucks’ brand logo in deference to the yellow branding from the Renault Commercial Vehicles (which produces and supplies the Master), the Master RED model is placed between the Business+ and Sport trim levels available from the ‘yellow’ brand. The new Renault Master RED’s spec covers driver-assistance systems, including active braking, side wind assist, permanent rear view, blind spot warning and front and rear parking assistance.
Covering from 3.5 to 6.0 tonnes GVW, six new Euro 6d-temp and Euro 6 diesel engines, from 130 hp to 180 hp/400 Nm, together with an electric 57kW engine, power the line-up. All diesel engines are fitted with Twin-Turbo technology, which combines low-end torque with high-power for optimal driving. Fuel consumption is therefore reduced up to 1L/100 km and CO2emissions remain under control.
A range of equipment is also available:
- AEBS active braking.
- Permanent rear vision: a screen connected to a camera positioned on the rear of the vehicle enables drivers to monitor the rear, in addition to the view provided by outside rear-view mirrors.
- Parking assistance: a front radar supplements the rear radar for easy manoeuvring, with a camera.
- A blind spot warning device: a light in the side mirrors warns of the presence of a vehicle in the driver’s blind spot.
- Extra security locks on rear and side doors to increase security in the loading area.
- A Medianav 4 multimedia system: a7” multi-touch screen with an Androïd Autoand Apple CarPlaycompatible smartphone replication, enabling telephone apps to be used whilst driving.
*The new Renault Master RED Editions are pictured at Heythrop Manor House, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire after an extensive test drive through the scenic Cotswolds region, south of Birmingham.
Full report in next month’s Fleet Transport