Enrolment for the Chartered Institute of Transport & Logistics (CILT) two year, Part Time QQI Level 6 Higher Certificate in Business in Logistics and Supply Chain Management begins in September with intake opening in early April.
September 2020 Intake Opens Early April.
“We are currently running this programme in Dublin and Cork and we are hoping to open also in Limerick. It’s the only Level 6 Supply Chain programme of its type running,” explained Mark Coffey, Education Services Manager, The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport Ireland.
- QQI Level 6in Conjunction with IT Carlow
- Blended Delivery- In class and Online
- Flexible Payment
- All Benefits of IT Carlow Including Student Card, Online / Library / Blackboard Access
Class / Module Information
- 25 Classes on Saturdays – Blended and Virtual
- Module Based Subjects Over Four Saturdays
- Plus, Two Online Lecturesper Module
- Year 1:Six Modules
- Year 2:Six Modules
- Lectures Begin:12 September 2020
- Lecturers Finish:15 May 2021
- Locations:Griffith College Cork
Griffith College Dublin
Griffith College Limerick
About the Higher Certificate:
- The QQI Level 6 Higher Certificate is open to professionals who wish to further their knowledge in the areas of business, logistics and supply chain management.
- The course is designed for participants who currently work in the industry but do not have the necessary academic achievements to progress their career.
- Students come from a variety of backgrounds across the logistics, supply chain and transport areas.
- Lecturers are Industry Professionals who give real life case studies and examples during class as well as the academic knowledge to underpin learning experience.
- The Higher Certificate is open to all individuals regardless of experience, we welcome those new to the industry looking to pursue a new career.
- An Exit Award(Minor Certificate) is available to those who only complete Year 1.
Year 1 – Certificate:
- Communications and Writing Skills
- Business Applications
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Fundamentals of Finance for Supply Chain
- Warehouse and Transport Management
- Customer Services for Supply Chain
All Year 1 modules are delivered by Continuous Assessment.
On completion of Year 1 students receive a Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Minor Award – 60 Credits)
Year 2 – Higher Certificate:
- Advance Finance Stage
- Management of Supply Chain Operations
- Applied Human Resource Management
- Marketing for Supply Chain
- Customs Clearance and Dangerous Good Awareness
- Submission: Year of End Project (Mid-May)
On completion of Year 2 students are awarded a Higher Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Major Award – 120 Credits).
Further details on www.cilt.ie
*Course provider CPC.IE wishes to congratulate its 97 students who recently qualified as Transport Managers by successfully passing their Transport Management CPC exam. Tony Hynes, CPC.IE was very pleased with their ‘outstanding results’. “Seventy-two pupils achieved over 70%, thirty-five achieved over 80% and seventeen achieved over 90%,” he said and extended good luck to all of them in their future careers.