*The search is on for the best intralogistics products and system solutions
Which new products and solutions are among the best in intralogistics? As of now, suppliers of new products can once again apply for the International Intralogistics & Forklift Truck of the Year (IFOY AWARDs). There are a total of 13 categories to choose from for 2022, covering almost all areas of application in intralogistics. For the tenth round of the worldwide competition, the VDMA’s Robotics + Automation Association (R + A) has joined as the sponsor for the “Robot” category. The VDMA Association for Materials Handling & Intralogistics has supported the IFOY AWARD since the beginning of the competition.
“We are delighted about this new cooperation. The past rounds of the IFOY AWARD have shown that the importance of the Robot category has increased continuously. Robotics is considered one of the great pacemakers in the digitalisation of intralogistics,” emphasises jury chairwoman Anita Würmser.
“Robotics is the future. In the smart factory, production and logistics are growing ever closer together and robots are taking over more and more monotonous tasks – from container stacking, picking and palletising to goods transport. In addition to robots, forklifts, warehouse technology equipment and special vehicles, automated guided vehicles (AGVs), shuttles, cargo bicycles, drones, cranes, software and apps as well as successfully implemented, holistic warehouse concepts are also eligible to apply. In addition, outstanding technical details or components are awarded, such as ergonomic innovations, safety solutions or automation components. In the category “Start-up of the Year”, newly founded companies with innovative prototypes or functional developments can apply for an IFOY AWARD again this year. The deadline for applications is October 30, 2021.
Applications can only be submitted via the Internet at www.ifoy.org. The conditions of participation can be requested from the IFOY office.
The International Intralogistics and Forklift Truck of the Year (IFOY AWARD) has established itself as an indicator of cost-effectiveness and innovation and is considered the definitive innovation award in intralogistics due to its technical expertise. The jury, which includes the editors-in-chief of leading international logistics media, with Fleet Transport & Handling Network representing Ireland, makes its decisions independently, according to transparent criteria and on the basis of professional expertise. The basis of the decision is the three-stage audit. The products and solutions nominated for the final undergo individually tailored driving or functional tests, including the IFOY test protocol comprising around 80 criteria as well as the scientific IFOY Innovation Check, on the occasion of the IFOY TEST DAYS in March 2022 at the Dortmund exhibition centre. The decisive factor is that the nominees are not compared with each other, but with their competitive products on the market. In addition, jurors and their teams of advisors from the business world travel to assess the finalists themselves before casting their vote.
At a glance: IFOY AWARD categories 2022
- Counter Balanced Truck up to 3.5 tonnes
- Counter Balanced Truck from 3.51 tonnes
- Heavy Load Forklift: Container stackers, heavy-duty forklifts with more than 8 tonnes
- Special Vehicle: Forklifts and vehicles for special tasks, special vehicle manufacturing, drones, cargobikes, truck-mounted forklifts
- Warehouse Truck ‘highlifter’: Materials handling equipment from the 2nd rack level, such as high-bay trucks, VNA trucks or reach trucks, pedestrian-controlled highlift trucks, order-picking trucks, etc.
- Warehouse Truck ‘lowlifter’: Materials handling equipment up to 1st rack level, such as pedestrian-controlled lowlift trucks, lift trucks, tow tractors, tugger trains, order-picking trucks, etc.
- Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV): Shuttle (systems), driverless transport systems, automated/partially automated materials handling equipment in the context of the application options
- Robot: Robots or robot-based solutions for intralogistic applications (picking robots, palletizing and depalletizing robots, cobots, robots for automatic unloading and loading of trucks, etc.)
- Intralogistics Software: Apps and intralogistics system or software solutions in the context of the application options, such as warehouse management systems, truck guidance systems, advanced driver assistance systems, fleet management systems, etc.
- Integrated Warehouse Solution: A warehouse concept that has been successfully implemented at the customer’s location
- Special of the Year: Components or technical details that significantly improve economics or environment, the physical or psychological conditions of the user, such as ergonomic innovations, safety assistant solutions, automation solutions, drive technology, forklift attachments, etc.
- Crane and Lifting Appliance: Cranes for various applications, like bridge and gantry cranes, wall travelling cranes, jib cranes, overhead monorail cranes, light cranes, etc. Lifting appliances like chain hoists and rope hoists, winches, magnet lifters, vacuum lifters, lifting platforms and mobile elevating work platforms etc
- Start-up: The trophy is awarded to innovative prototypes or functional developments (intralogistics products, software, vehicles or components) of newly founded companies.