Don-Bur, a leading innovative manufacturers of commercial vehicle bodywork, has delivered 23 new ‘Wedge’ Lifting Deck Box Van Longer Semi Trailers (LSTs) to Poundland. The new trailers, destined for UK & Ireland operations are 15.650m long and can carry up to 60 pallets; eight more pallets than a standard length double deck trailer and 34 more than a standard length single equivalent.
Poundland is making tangible progress in reducing its environmental impact and improving the efficiency of its operations, and the new Lifting Deck LSTs from Don-Bur will help the company achieve these goals by allowing it to carry more goods per trip and reducing its overall vehicle mileage.
Don-Bur worked closely with Poundland to develop the specification of the new trailers, which are designed to be as fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly as possible. The trailers feature a number of sustainability and operational benefits, including:
- A wedge shape that provides uninterrupted access to the entire length of the bottom deck, making it easier to load and unload goods.
- A minimum aperture height on both decks of 1.725m, which improves safety and efficiency for loading operatives.
- 445/45 R19.5 Mini Singles wheels, which are a better option than a twin tyre setup in terms of fuel efficiency and reduced wear.
- A cost-effective self-steer axle which complies with the new STGO regulations.
- Don-Bur’s tried and tested single ram and pulley technology, which provides reliability and durability.
- Side panels constructed with Don-Bur’s ‘Blade’ panels, which are only 7.5mm thick, provide greater internal width, are extremely resistant to damage and are more durable than a GRP panel alternative.
Daniel Challinor, Sales & Commercial Director at Don-Bur, said: “We are delighted to have worked with Poundland to design, manufacture and deliver the new green Lifting Deck LSTs. These trailers offer a number of significant benefits, including increased payload capacity, reduced emissions and improved safety and efficiency. We are confident that they will help Poundland to achieve its operational and environmental goals.”
Greg Peacock, Central Transport Operations Manager at Poundland, said: ” We’re pleased to have partnered with Don-Bur – the introduction of these new trailers will help us make a positive impact, carrying more goods per trip and reducing our overall vehicle mileage.”