COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
From UK to France:
As of 00.01 Monday 22nd February COVID testing requirements for hauliers travelling from Europe to the UK via France are changing.
The testing requirement still remains in place. However there are two important changes to note:
1. Drivers on a return trip from the EU who have spent less than 48 hours in the UKwill not require proof of a negative COVID test to cross the border
2. Drivers from the Republic of Ireland using the land bridge can also now rely on a test taken in Ireland, as long as it is administered within 72 hours of departure from a UK port.
The evidence of the time of journey to the UK required by the French authority is the Eurotunnel transport ticket delivered at the French Check-in.
For drivers or those spending more than 48 hours in the UK, the testing requirements remain unchanged:
- present the two forms below to the French authorities duly completed and signed:
- provide evidence of an authorised negative COVID-19 test that has been conducted in the UK within a 72 hours period before the crossing.
► UK Government has confirmed that Information and Advice Sites provide free Covid-19 testing for HGV and van drivers across the UK. More info here.
From France to UK:
- All drivers and their passengers need to complete a Passenger Locator Formbefore travel which has been updated. Please ensure that your drivers are in possession of the updated document when they travel.
Please note that HGV/van drivers and their passengers (who need to show evidence of being a freight driver) are exempt from providing a negative test result. More information here.
Please ensure that your drivers and their passengers are fully aware of these requirements before arriving on our terminals. Failure to provide these will result in the vehicle being refused to travel by the authorities.