Kilkenny headquartered J.J. Kavanagh & Sons has introduced Contactless Payment Technology on-board all of its services across the passenger transport company’s network.
“We are looking to reduce cash handling across all routes and are asking customers to please book in advance before travelling. If booking in advance is not possible then we are asking customers to pay with their bank card, apple pay, google pay, or use their free travel pass when boarding the coach,” said a company spokesperson.
Contactless Payment FAQ’s
- Can I use my mobile to pay?
- Yes, with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay, along with bank specific payment forms such as Barclays Mobile payments.
- How does contactless work?
Contactless is a simple and secure way to pay for bus travel without needing cash. Contactless payments can be made for any tickets up to the transaction value of €50.
- How do I get a refund?
Drivers are able to refund card transactions at the point of purchase only back onto your card. If you request a refund, the driver will issue you with a refund receipt. Please then allow up to 5 working days to see refunds on your account. Drivers are not able to provide a cash refund.
- How do I know if a card is contactless?
Contactless cards will display the contactless symbol. Most new cards are issued with this feature. If your card is not currently contactless, speak to your bank to ask if your card can be updated.
- Which contactless cards can be used?
Payment cards displaying the contactless logo from Visa or Mastercard logo can be used. Also, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Which services are accepting contactless payment?
Contactless payment is available on all of the J.J. Kavanagh & Sons services.
- Which tickets can be bought using contactless?
You can use contactless to purchase any ticket to the value of €50. This can include more than one ticket in a single transaction, e.g. an adult and a child ticket. However, the total price cannot exceed €50.
- Why did a payment not work?
Drivers will not know the reason why a payment did not work. If a payment fails, you may wish to try a different card or pay using an alternative payment method such as cash or purchasing a ticket online.
Some of the reasons why a card may not work include:
- The card has expired
- The card is not a contactless card
- The card is not accepted e.g. American Express
- The card is being presented for a payment over €50
- A previous transaction has been declined by our system and the card is blocked
- The card hasn’t been approved by the bank for the transaction
- The card hasn’t been used at Chip and PIN terminal before
If a card does not work, please contact your issuing bank for advice.
- Why is the limit set at €50?
A national limit for contactless payments has been set by all banks to €50.
- Will I get a receipt?
The driver will ask you for a receipt once your transaction has gone through, along with a ticket for your journey.
Check out travel updates on Facebook, follow on Twitter @JJKavanaghBuses or call its customer service line on (0818 333 222).