When it comes to selecting the right trucks for the tough day-to-day work of construction transport it’s all about robustness, reliability and efficiency, but also driving comfort and ease of body mounting. In fact, logistics on the construction site with uneven terrain, narrow access roads, little space for maneuvering and the transport of heavy equipment and materials all place high demands on the commercial vehicles used. Mercedes-Benz Trucks offers an ample portfolio for almost every segment, and the company’s attendance in Munich at this year’s bauma – the world’s leading trade fair for the construction industry –demonstrates that. From October 24 to 30, 2022, the company gave international decision-makers, procurers, and users detailed insights into its vehicle range and customer-oriented services.
In addition to the battery-powered electric trucks shown, the conventionally diesel-powered commercial vehicles take up a large amount of space. Highlights at bauma include the Actros L Edition 3, various Arocs models with bodies from Hiab, Liebherr, Meiller, Palfinger and Putzmeister, the Atego 1530 K with 3-way tipper from Meiller and the Unimog 435.
Stina Fagerman, Head of Marketing, Sales and Services at Mercedes-Benz Trucks: “The integrated vehicle concepts and solutions from Mercedes-Benz Trucks for construction transport are outstanding in terms of robustness, reliability and efficiency – whether ex works or configured by one of our many partners and body manufacturers.”
- The Actros L Edition 3 offers the highest level of comfort and pure emotion, even when used on roadside construction sites
- The third generation of the heavy-duty commercial vehicle engine
OM 471 stands for even more driving dynamics together with fuel savings
- Powershift Advanced will be available from April 2023 for all commercial vehicle engines from Mercedes-Benz Trucks
- Hydraulic auxiliary drive and turbo retarder clutch make work much easier in construction transport
- The second generation of MirrorCam is equipped with camera arms that are ten centimeters shorter, as well as new image parameters
- Mercedes-Benz Trucks has developed a new front axle with a 10-ton axle load for the Arocs
- New main headlights in full LED version are available for Arocs and Actros
- Service contracts and digital solutions contribute to increased vehicle availability
- We present the Unimog as a reliable powerhouse with a wide range of attachment and body options
- Stina Fagerman, Head of Marketing, Sales and Services at Mercedes-Benz Trucks: “The integrated vehicle concepts and solutions from Mercedes-Benz Trucks for construction transport are outstanding in terms of robustness, reliability and efficiency – whether ex works or configured by one of our many partners and body manufacturers.”