O’Toole Transport, the award-winning family business, providing food & drink logistic solutions for its customers across Ireland, the UK & Europe, employing 180 people, is now looking for a Workshop Controller to join the team at its brand new depot in Dublin 15.
- Planning the workload of 6 technical engineers.
- Ensure sufficient resources are available at all times.
- Maintain the O‘Toole’s vehicle fleet (from trucks to vans) including services, breakdowns and accident repairs to CVRT/MOT standard.
- Ensure the workshop tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Complete inspection documents, job sheets and timesheets to the highest standard.
- Maintain correct stock levels and to ensure the correct parts are available for each job..
- Deal with any workshop queries that may arise.
- Always promote health and safety within the workshop.
- Oversee the overall workshop programmes, prioritising and controlling the workflow throughout the facility.
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of legal compliance and standards of roadworthiness.
- Have a can-do attitude and have great problem solving skills to ensure we complete jobs in a timely and efficient manner.
“At O’Toole Transport, we pride ourselves on the service we deliver to our customers, so it is important this applicant has a positive and polite manner along with excellent customer service and communication skills. Without our vehicles running safely on the road, we would be unable to deliver vital goods to our customers. Therefore, this person will play a highly important role within the business to ensure our vehicles are kept running. This is an exciting and challenging role and the interested party will need to be able to multitask, prioritise and communicate in a professional way. Due to the knowledge required to complete this role, the successful candidate must hold a formal qualification, City and Guilds Level 3 in vehicle repairs or equivalent and have commercial vehicle experience with HGV vehicles and trailers. Although it is not essential, having a C+E Licence would be beneficial,” explained Laurence O’Toole, Managing Director, O’Toole Transport.
It’s an excellent opportunity for someone looking for an autonomous position with a local company which is known for their great working environment. On offer is the opportunity to work in a pivotal role to co-ordinate the entire Service Department. “In this role this appointed person will plan the workload to all service orders, co-ordinate the overall daily operations of the VMU (vehicle maintenance unit) whilst maintaining the professionalism of a team of 6 technicians. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop in a role and become a key part of a growing team,” added Laurence.
- Long term career with a stable market leader
- Company Pension
- Company Health Care Scheme
O’Toole Transport was established in 1996 and specialises in food & drink logistics solutions for customers across Ireland, the UK & Europe. It provides a range of services including time critical, high security and refrigerated transport. Its enterprising value encourages the firm to explore opportunities and react quickly. O’Toole’s recently completed the construction of a brand new logistics hub in Dublin 15. Its family values are very important and at the heart of the company and as the company has grown, that trait remains to the core. O’Toole Transport is rapidly growing and expanding, with no signs of slowing down! The future is bright as it continue to invest in the business and its people.
How to Apply:
Please send the CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or call +353 91 555604 for more information. www.otooletransport.ie
Closing Date: 31/07/20