In keeping with the motto “Smart Trailer Days”, Schmitz Cargobull presented the latest product and service innovations which help road transport operators to reduce the Total Costs of Ownership (TCO) in their fleet. One highlight was the introduction of telematics as standard equipment for curtainsiders. The main focus of product developments was on reducing weight while maintaining the same robustness, cooling efficiency for temperature-controlled freight and digital networking.
Some of the innovations presented in brief:
S.CS Curtainsider – New: THE SMART GENERATION
• The rolled chassis, bolted and galvanised, is now a consistent principle for all vehicle chassis, from the weight-optimised new X-LIGHT trailer to the heavy-duty version with high load capacity. Featuring a 10-year warranty against rust-through on all galvanised chassis parts.
• Strong and lightweight: The new X-LIGHT curtainsider semitrailer, with a tare weight starting at 4,975 kilograms, combines maximum payload with Schmitz Cargobull’s proven robustness. The chassis can be combined with various body variants, such as MEGA, COIL or PAPER.
• 100% SMART: all S.CS curtainsiders are now equipped with our TrailerConnect CTU telematics system as standard. Giving you full transparency of your trailer fleet.
• New POWER CURTAIN tarpaulin, fully certified for the transport of tyres and non-stable goods.
S.KO COOL SMART box semitrailer
• Cool with safety: The new robust air distribution system optimises air flow in the trailer, for efficient and uniform cooling of the load.
• Latest generation temperature printer can print current and historical temperature data from the last 12 months in 21 languages.
• Automated door lock control using geofencing: Locking and unlocking of the TL3 door lock system without manual effort for dispatch or driver. This saves time and increases safety.
• The S.KOe E-Trailer is perfect for “zero emission” zones in cities: The S.CUe electric cooling unit uses energy from its new electric trailer axle, meaning NOx and CO2 emissions are reduced to zero.
• New generation of M.KO/Z.KO truck bodies and drawbar trailers: ATP / FRC certification for M.KO COOL models – featuring an optimised body design for even better insulation.
• Weight reduction for more payload and improved loading possibilities in drawbar configurations.
• Maximum flexibility and cooling performance for MultiTemp operations, with partition walls allowing for 1/3 and 2/3 division of the body.
• New side collision protection, optional front corner protection
Tipper vehicles: weight down – flexibility up
- The new generation of frame within the S.KI tipper trailer offers up to 180 kg more payload with consistently high quality and improved corrosion protection.
• Back in the range: The Z.KI central axle tipper, with newly developed tipper body, offers pallet width as standard and approx. 60 kg more payload.
• M.KI rigid truck tipper body now offers payload optimised thermal insulation for the highways construction sector. Universally applicable: with 18 m3 capacity, the M.KI is ideal for transporting small quantities of asphalt and bulk materials.
For efficient, digital transport management – TrailerConnect telematics makes its trailers SMART
• New: Telematics now standard in the S.CS SMART curtainsider semitrailer
• TrailerConnect CTU – the new telematics solution especially for curtainsiders and dry freight trailers
• TrailerConnect Portal – to monitor the fleet live
• TrailerConnect TyreManager
• TrailerConnect Automated door lock control