Renault Master Generation IV is with us after a spectacular launch at Solutrans 2023.
Details in brief:
- Spectacular design, strong personality, eye-catching looks and an up-to-the-minute feel for every pro, and to write the success story’s next chapter with the fourth Master generation.
- Aerovan design and aerodynamic down to the tiniest detail, to provide the highest efficiency in its category regardless of the energy source.
- A new multi-energy platform covering all needs with 105 to 170 hp Diesel Blue dCi engines (substantially lowering CO2 emissions and consumption), 96 or 105-kW electric motors and 40 or 87 kWh batteries providing more than 410 km of WLTP range, plus a hydrogen version.
- A new 9-speed gearbox for added comfort.
- 20 sophisticated driver assistance systems providing optimal safety, and an innovative dynamic braking system that boosts effectiveness no matter how loaded the van is, halving braking time and enhancing driver convenience.
- Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) and Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) charging possibilities in the electric versions, straight from the battery or via outlets in the cockpit or load area, to power devices.
- A proper, classy, high-tech mobile office, with the desk facing the driver for extra convenience, plus up to 135 litres of storage space.
- The OpenR Link multimedia system, 10-inch screen, wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility and remote vehicle connection via the My Renault app come as standard in every model in the line-up; the ultra-modern OpenR Link with Google built-in features (50-plus apps from Google Play, HD Google Maps navigation and natural voice interaction with Google Assistant), various other connected services and wireless smartphone chargers are available as optional extras.
- Next-level LCV essentials: a choice of more than 40 silhouettes and limitless conversion possibilities, greater payloads (up to 4 tonnes with front-wheel drives), 11 to 22 cubic metre load areas with front- or rear-wheel drives, and greater, best-in-class loading width and length.
- The only vehicle in its category made in France: the three energy versions and all the bodies are made on the same production line in Batilly (near Metz, eastern France).
- Available starting in spring 2024.
Renault has sold over 3 million Master vans since 1980, and has made them in Batilly, eastern France, since the beginning. The model’s rich history and success over these 40-plus years and three generations has ranked it as a long-standing leader in its category in Europe. Renault Master vans are on roads in more than 50 countries, including several in South America since 1990. The fourth Renault Master generation is shaping up to extend its success.
“Our goal with the All-new Renault Master was to get as close as we could to the ideal van. Tradespeople, contractors and fleet managers will see a real leap forwards, a vehicle that is there for them whenever they need it, to maximise their productivity. A van they can lean on for their work, day in and day out, whatever type of energy they choose.”
Hélène Carvalho, Renault Master programme leader