*Providing refrigeration solutions for all modes of transport, from marine and air to road and rail, Thermo King will demonstrate how the company is best suited to protect customers’ valuable cargo.
Transport temperature control solutions provider Thermo King demonstrate the container industry’s broadest portfolio for shipping lines, intermodal and stationary use at the stand J20 of the Intermodal Europe 2023 show in Amsterdam, Netherlands, from October 10th to 12th. The showcase centres around the theme “We Protect Your Valuable Cargo”, with a special focus on sustainability in the transportation sector, echoing the global calls for environmentally conscious practices and reducing food loss.
“Our product offering is a reflection of Thermo King’s unwavering commitment to not just protect our customers’ cargo, but to do so in the most economically and environmentally sustainable manner,” said Claudio Zanframundo, vice president Thermo King Global Marine, Rail and Air. “Cold chain integrity to counter food loss, minimising carbon footprint and energy consumption are the topics of today for our industry. As we stand at the forefront of setting industry standards for the future of sustainable transport, Thermo King will be at Intermodal Europe ready to discuss and showcase the solutions for today and for the future.”
Among the product highlights to be displayed at the Thermo King stand J20 of Intermodal Europe visitors will see:
- Thermo King SuperFreezer in a special insulated container, capable of reaching -70°C and designed especially for transport and storage of pharmaceuticals, seafood, ingredients and other sensitive materials requiring ultra-low temperatures.
- Container Fresh and Frozen (CFF) refrigeration unit offering industry-standard set-point range from -30°C to +30° The CFF is culmination of Thermo King’s extensive container refrigeration knowledge acquired from the intermodal use of reefer units on rough roads and seas. The CFF provides optimal COP (Coefficient of Performance), air management and temperature control accuracy of +/- 0.25°C in chilled mode and +/- 1°C in frozen mode. The CFF responds to customer needs to reduce energy cost, increase sustainability, support IMO requirements to log power consumption and achieve low total cost of ownership.
- Thermo King Advancer Intermodal refrigeration tailored for rail- road- and short sea shipments,offering market leading performance and fuel efficiency, temperature control, and fleet connectivity. Thermo King connectivity technology enables greater visibility, remote monitoring and two-way communication and allow customers to implement the ThermoKare 24/7 Fleet Monitoring service. This central monitoring solution from Thermo King combines real-time monitoring of the refrigerated fleet, remote-diagnosis and proactive support performed around the clock by Thermo King experts.
Additionally, the architecture of the Advancer units makes them future-ready and compatible with alternative power sources. Installed on a trailer, Advancer reefers can be powered by technologies like the Thermo King AxlePower smart energy generating system that harvests energy from the chassis’ axle and uses it to power the unit.
- Thermo King Flex-Mount SG-3500 genset for flex chassis. Known for its energy efficiency, long service interval, and telematics capabilities, the genset offers customers reduced total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Thermo King E-Coolpac, an independent battery power technology for refrigerated marine containers, compatible with Thermo King and other ISO1496-2 reefer units and offering up to 24 hours of autonomous operation.